I love traditions, especially around Christmas time. It keeps us rooted in what is important. Reminds us that there are many who came before us and that we have a legacy to leave to those who come after. Even the silly little traditions can mean a great deal later down the road, typically triggering joyful memories.
Here are a few of my favorites Christmas traditions. It wouldn’t feel like Christmas without them.
- Every year, for the last 16 years, my mom and I have gone to Metamora, IN., a small village of shops.
- Christmas Eve, those of us who don’t have other extended family obligations get together and go out to eat at Red Lobster. This is 40 years running.
- Watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- Making cinnamon rolls Christmas morning.
- Mid-night mass.
- Christmas music: Silent Night, White Christmas, Drummer Boy…
- Sitting at night with just the Christmas tree lights on.
- And most importantly, spending time with family and friends.
Share below some of your favorite family traditions or things you love about Christmas to be entered to win a copy of my latest release, DESIRE FOR REVENGE. Please include your email address in your response.